Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) Star Award
This award is presented to a Certified Tourism Ambassador who exemplifies excellence in hospitality and customer service. This individual consistently exceeds customer expectations, possesses a strong knowledge of the region and its attractions, and promotes the ideals of the Bermuda Tourism Authority and the Tourism Ambassador Institute®.
THE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Nominations may be submitted by:
- Manager/Supervisor of CTA
- Fellow CTA
- Self-nomination (by current CTA)
- DMO members, customers, etc.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Submit nomination form
- 2-3 letters of recommendation max
- from employer/stakeholder in support of nomination
- must support the four categories of judging (Exceeds customer expectations, possesses knowledge of the region, supports CTA and local tourism industry and exhibits star award qualities)
- must answer the question "what has the nominee done for the CTA programme or local tourism that goes beyond what is expected of them in their normal day-to-day job?"
Note: Judges evaluate the quality and content of the nominations, therefore, multiple nominations for one person are not necessarily weighted more favorably than single nominations.
Submission Deadline: March 23rd 2018
THE EVALUATION CRITERIA
- Current Certified Tourism AmbassadorTM in good standing (CTA who currently works and/or volunteers in the tourism industry and whose duties directly or indirectly include serving guests/visitors.)
- CTA for a minimum of two (2) years and renewed twice, i.e., certified in 2015 or before
- Participates in CTA events
- Wears pin at work and to events
Characteristics of an Exceptional CTA:
- Exceeds Customer Expectations
- Possesses Knowledge of the Region
- Supports CTA and the Local Tourism Industry
- Exhibits Star Award Qualities
The Bermuda Tourism Ambassador CTA Star "CTA of the Year" award finalists will be announced during Hospitality Month April 2018 and the overall winner during the Finale event on April 30th 2018. The overall "CTA of the year" winner will also be submitted to the Tourism Ambassador Institute to be eligible for the National TAI Star Award.